Thursday, July 08, 2010

Sare Sham aae...

‘Sare Sham aae’ is a song that has been made in Hindi.The original tune is of a Bengali song ‘Meghe der Minare’ by a wonderful and famous singer Shubhamita Banarjee .
Nilangshu, my friend introduced me to her song .I fell in love with Shubhamita’s melodious voice and amazing expression.I am going to record more of her songs in Hindi as my effort to introduce non-Hindi tunes to a larger audience.
Bengali lyrics were quite sad and dark, but when I listened to the song, the tune sounded more of a romantic song than that of a melancholic one. I requested
Sajeev Sarathi who is a proud writer of this song to keep it positive and he did an amazing job of choosing the words and a feel to it. I did not have to change a single word for any reason. Abhishek, another friend was my best critic; he translated the Bengali lyrics for me.(though we never use the actual translation when we make the song in Hindi). I always got his input..Shampak who very graciously made these tracks available to me and finally but very importantly Anil-ji who mixed the track for me did a beautiful job. Believe me I tried mixing and it did not come anywhere close to what it sounds at present. 
Thank you very very much to all my direct and indirect team members.
Here is a link for
Shubhamita’s website:http://www.subhamita.com/ , do listen to all her songs.


Album : Brishti Pae PaeOriginal Singer: Shubhamita Banarjee
Composer: ??? (I would appreciate it If someone can let me know . :)
Hindi Lyrics : Sajeev Sarathi
Mixing: Anil Bs


Here are the lyrics:




सरे शाम आये, तराने सुनाये हवा,
मनुहार करे क्या, सुरीली सुहानी हवा,
सरे शाम आये, तराने सुनाये हवा,
मनुहार करे क्या, सुरीली सुहानी हवा,
प्रेम का ये गीत, ओ रे मेरे मीत,
तूने है रचा, जानूं मैं, जानूं मैं.....

बहुत दूर है, यहाँ कश्तियों से किनारा,
एक आस है जो चमके है अम्बर पे बन सितारा,
घने बादलों में, जो चमकी है पल पल पिया,
तेरी है शुआयें....
सरे शाम आये, तराने सुनाये हवा,
मनुहार करे क्या, सुरीली सुहानी हवा,

जो धूली उडाये, समय दौड जाए यूँ पल में,
लम्हा कोई रह जाता है पलकों के जल में,
सिराने जला दे, कोई ख्वाब आके पिया,
दिलों की दुआयें....
सरे शाम आये, तराने सुनाये हवा,
मनुहार करे क्या, सुरीली सुहानी हवा,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

swati g you are blessed with beautiful voice.. and amazing lagao chudao :) maulla khush rakhe

Shubha said...

Swatiiii,maar dala...!i really miss listening to u live on our school campus,dear...u didn't add our 'UMBARTHA'song...'Gagan sadan tejomay'..

Anonymous said...

I admit, I have not been on this webpage in a long time… however it was another pleasure to see It is such an essential topic and ignored by so numerous, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issueExcellent stuff as typical.