Sunday, July 16, 2006

BAAHO ME CHALE AAO

Most of us know Lataji’s melodious numbers sung for the heroine in the movies who is shy, feeble, and waiting for the hero to approach her. In very few instances do you see the heroine in a song asking the hero to show his affection to her, she is the one who is saying, “the night is young, both of us are together then why worry? Let’s make the best of it!” A wonderful example of it is ‘Bahome Chale Aao’

This is one of those rare songs of Lataji that has been sung with playfulness and incredible sensuality without any overt expressions. Music of RDB and voice of Lataji has made it immortal. Sometimes a singer is branded for his/her certain type of singing until a revolutionary music director comes along, and shows a new side of the singer’s ability.

I think we give credit to the singer who has made these songs evergreen but equal credit goes to the music director, if not more.

(After recording the song, I was not satisfied as I felt I did not get the same feeling that I was looking for. I could not find the mistakes but just was not happy with it until I played the original song which was a bit slower and half a note down…
So…please excuse me if I could not convey the same feeling and emotions. It is very difficult to do that when have to rush through the song on a high pitch.)


17 comments:

madhavan kutty said...

Hi Swati,
An excellent song- that had been picturised on Jaya Bachan ( Bhaduri) and Sanjeev Kumar in Anaamika. A wee bit faster than the original, as you said, but capturing the Bhaava of the song so well. Excellent. One more for my collection!
Looking forward to "Suno Sajana" from Aaye din Bahar ke!
Best Wishes
Madhavan Kutty

Srividya Kasturi said...

Another one of my favourites...Excellently sung!

Barani said...

Awesome Rendition !! One of my favs too ..

On a musical note said...

Thank you Madhavan,Srividya and Barani...Madhavan, If I get the karaoke for'Suno Sajana'I will definitely record it.
Swati.

ZEG Consultants said...

Swati,
Another beautiful rendition! Very expressive. Did sound a bit faster but still very pleasant!

If the karaoke can be found "Kia Janu Sajan" and "Pal Bhar Mein Ye Kia Ho Gaya" both by Lata Ji would be my request to you.

Vidyu said...

Swati,

that was wonderful! :) beautifully sung ...

Soumitra said...

Swati,
well done..really njoyed.

Shubho said...

Wee bit high as you wrote and think you can tone down on the voice recording volume also a bit otherwise very well done even with the limitations of the karaoke track.

Kiranz..!! said...

Came here from Vidyu'z blog,Just wondering how i missed your wonderful blog.Cool one..This song i heard in one of the recent music shows in TV.Now only i realized that its having a beautiful version.Superb song n wonderful singing..

indianadoc said...

one of my favourites indeed...a tiny bit slower would have done the trick...still it is indeed amazing...all the best always...

Pradip Somasundaran said...

Well sung again Swati! Yes, I too felt the speed problem. A tough song to sing. But you did it remarkably well.Tasveer will be ready by Tuesday. I hope you could make it your next post!

Meera Manohar said...

Your voice sounds very nice in this!

Weirdly, I somehow thought that this was by Asha all the time !?!

Ignorant me (-:

Anonymous said...

Hello Swatiji,

The both expression and redition are mindblowing. One of my friends (Dinesh) referred me this site and after listening to your songs I must say his generous admiration of site was an understatement. Truly wonderful experience. As a logical sequence, I suggest you to try another unforgetable RD and Lataji number from "KUDRAT" - "TUNE WO RANGILE KAISA JADU KIYA"
Thanks once again for taking us to a diifferent world thru your soulful singing.

Anonymous said...

so much good has been said already. only one small comment on your nasal sound. if you could pl. improve on that, it will be shining through.

Anonymous said...

You sing v well and the sincerity shows. You should also checkout Sunidhi Chauhan or Sadhana Sargam kinda songs. I would also suggest this one by Sujata Trivedi: 'Bheegi Bheegi Jaadubhari....Boondon se baatein', an AR Rehman number. I think its from Takshak.

Siva@Pune

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Shubha said...

hi swati, got through to your blog through srividya's. really amazed with your singing. great performance on this song especially - i know how hard it can be at that high pitch. kudos!!