Tuesday, July 10, 2007

BARASE BADARIYA

‘Barse Badariya’ is a product of Yahoo chat. It is hard to believe but yes it’s true. Singing day and night in the chat rooms, creating music rooms like ‘Sur mandir’ ,’Sa re ga ma’ , ‘Saaz aur Awaaz’ was daily activity for all of us ‘Yahooligans’. Many a times it was just waste of time but some times something productive came out of it. I met some wonderful creative people ,Murali was one of them, in our yahoo singing sessions we sung songs one after another all night long, from one song to another and through this raga to that …it was endless. Only people who have been on the chat will know the addiction.
Now that I don’t chat as much, I still am in touch with Murali , we still keep on making good music. Every few days or weeks I get a call form Murali, saying “Kaushiji, listen to this composition that I made.”
The tunes are ready, singing is done, now both of us have to make a point to complete them with music. Until then listen to this powerful composition just on a background of a note and nothing else…close your eyes and as you are listening to it try to gauge/predict endless possibilities of the full fledge bhajan.

1 comment:

Jessica Keyes said...

Swati, I love your songs! I'm wondering, is there a link for the chatrooms where you can sing together? I'm still new to this, and my cursory Yahoo chat search yielded nothing...