Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Saranga















Anju Project:
Song 1: Saaranga Teri Yaad Mein
You know, sometimes I think I must have done something good in my past life that I meet such wonderful people now. These are great friends who do not want anything from me, but are happy in my company or even away from me. My well being, my prosperity and happiness is what they are interested in. Nothing more nothing less.
Here I am talking about such friends. This series of songs is something that I did for my friend Anju. She wanted me to do songs that I liked and suited my voice. Her aim was to record and listen to them with my 93 year old grandmother, who happens to be my inspiration and motivation.
We recorded these songs with Tabla played by our beloved Tabla nawaz Sri.Shankar Kuchekar (we affectionately call him Sir.), who made a tremendous effort to put it all together.
When we heard the songs we thought they sounded OK but were a little dry and empty. Well, here comes another friend to the rescue, Anil ji; who I have never met but connected with through  music, even though we are thousands of miles and several languages apart. I sent him the tracks and in a day he sent me this amazing transformation of “Saaranga”

Listen to it and let me know. Please be kind as I have varied from the original tune,but then…I sang it with the feelings that I had singing and listening to this song…
The recipe of the song is simple "a little imperfection with feelings to feel,with the love that I got from my friends I made it all real”.
Here it is, Saaranga teri yaad me……

Original Singer: Mukesh
Music: Sardar Malik
Lyrics: Bharat Vyas
Sung by: Swati
Tabla: Shankar Kuchekar
Orchastration/Mixing : Anil Bs
Recorded at Studio: Friends (Pune)


Saaranga | Music Upload

9 comments:

Pradip Somasundaran said...

Swati....though miles apart friends think alike...maybe that's why we thought of the same song....the same time...and have sung and posted the same song :) And I don't want to say anything more....Awesome!!!!!
And as you said....hats off to Anil for his work nothing short of a genius he is at this!!!!

On a musical note said...

:)Pradip,when u posted the song.I sent it to my friend Anju and showed her, as she was amazed that this song was on our list to record as well.
Yes Anilji has been a blessing to me.I cannot thank him enough.

Lets see what other song we do together.

Swati.

Narendra shenoy said...

Superb! You are immensely talented. Best wishes

Synergy Sports said...

Swati, a real heart felt note.. I heard the new version and it is done very well.. You know a born critic that I am especially of your singing.... LMAO just kidding. ? It came out really nice.. Hope we can record more songs..

Rajeev ONV said...

Absolutely superb! You have a bright future in playback singing if you choose to do so. Keep up the good work!

Rajeev ONV
http://rajeevonv.blog.co.in/

Murali Venkatraman said...

A beautiful rendition and thanks for singing this song. I don't have to listen to Mukesh any more to savor this composition.

shamma said...

gaheri gaheri aur meethi meethi aawaz.....bahut khoob ...bahut sunder...aaise hi PURANE geet gati raho muje bahut achaa lagega.

ITS MOBILE LIFE said...

Dear Swati Madam,
I like your blog very much.
I like to attend live performance.
while searching on google i got your blog.
just check this websites
www.santoshghante.com
http://dhinchak.darade.com

have a nice time.

BAJI DARADE

Sandhya said...

Your Recipe worked grt Swati !!