Monday, September 21, 2009

Ulfat ki nai...manzil ko chala
















Anju Project:
Song 2: Ulafat ki nai…

“Nai hai manzil naya hai hamsafar ,
jara sambhal ke rakhna pair.
jis par tum chal rahe ho…jis par tum chal rahe ho,
wo… hum se bani hai dagar…..”
These are the lines that came to my mind, when I was trying to post this Ghazal by Iqbaal Bano ji.

Iqbal Bano, voice that was robust and rustic yet it had quality that made it very soothing to the ears….full of emotions and each note would touch your innermost feelings. I always felt as if there was no pretentiousness. What she had was present in front of you. As they say your voice is a face to your heart…it’s so true…it’s so true….

Original Singers: Iqbal Bano
Sung by :Swati
Tabla: Shankar Kuchekar
Harmonium: Santosh Ghante
Arrangement/mixed:: Anil Bs
Recorded at Studio: Friends (Pune)



<
Ulfat Ki Nai Manzil Ko Chala... | Online recorder

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally have fallen in love with this song after hearing you sing it during the rehearsal. Great work Anilji & my heartfelt thanks too to you, you've added the appropriate spice to this song. Enjoyed this song while recording, but please Swats, change the name from "Anju Project" to sumthing else ga..:D

Inder said...

Swati,
veri nice, like the gazal and your singing both, nice to know that you sing gazals too....
great effort, keep it up
Inder

Murali Venkatraman said...

Never heard the original ! But always a pleasure to listen to you alone !! That transition in shikwa na kiya - kaun shikwa kar sata hai ?!

shamma said...

hay baby....kya baat hai...ek hi baithak me 3 baar suni....your singing ...music evthing...perfact.

Pradip Somasundaran said...

Brilliant Swati! hearing you sing so boldly for the first time!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see Pradip's comment cause that's what came to my mind too. I imagined like many of our shows you sitting all composed, deep strength in your voice and poise. Every note landing where you were throwing it. I really like it.
Okay I promise to upload ghazal show video too (So Singh sahib can see/hear that too. :)
Anju, next time you accompany her on Tabla.

On a musical note said...

I don’t want to Brown-nose and win some cookie points but I sincerely thank you all for the encouragement .Anju, as Surendra says be ready by Dec. so we can perform together and Surendra do find the Ghazals ,so I will remember what I sang. Haaaaaa…..haaaaa….haaaa!!!

Swati.

Bayesian Observer said...

Swati - I have been carrying memories of this song from very long ago and listening to you sing it so well is an amazing experience. Well done!

Sandhya said...

When the song started , the first thought was "wow,confident singing" and surprised to couple of comments with the same idea!

Keep on singing Swati! Seems like tonight was a "Swati singing night" for me !

- Cheers, Sandhya !